How to Remove Unsellable Inventory?
Begin creating a removal order from either the Manage Inventory Page, Revenue Unfulfillable Inventory Page, Fix Stranded Inventory Page, or the Recommended Removal Report.
1. Do one of the following:
Manage Inventory Page, you can select any inventory that you want to remove and then select Create Removal Order from the action on the selected drop-down list.
- Recommended Removal report includes only inventory that would be subject to upcoming long-term storage fees. Click 'Begin Removal Process'. If 'Begin Removal Process' does not appear you do not have any inventory that we recommend you remove.
- Remove the Unfulfillable Inventory page select the items you want to remove and then select 'Create Removal Order' from the Action on the selected drop-down list.
- Fix stranded Inventory page includes all inventory in the fulfillment center that does not have a listing offer. Select the items you want to remove and then select 'Create Removal Order' from the Action on the selected drop-down list.
Tip: If the recommended removal list is more than one page create a separate removal order for each page.
2. On the Create removal order page under Method of removal do one of the following:
- Select 'Ship-to address' to have your inventory returned to your designated recipient—for example, your own warehouse the manufacturer, or a recycling center. Enter the address where you want the inventory shipped.
- Select 'Dispose of' to have your inventory disposed of at the fulfillment center.
3. For Set order ID do one of the following:
- Enter a custom order ID.
- Leave the field blank and an order ID will be created.
Tip: Save your removal order ID for tracking purposes.
4. Under 'Product details' you will see the details of the selected items. To add inventory to the list enter the title MSKU. ASIN or FNSKU in the 'Search and add items' text box at the bottom of the page and click 'Search'. Select the products you want to remove and click 'Add selected'.
5. Under 'Fulfillable Quantity for Removal' enter the number of fulfillable units to remove. This quantity cannot be greater than the total quantity available for removal.
6. Under 'Unfulfillable Quantity for Removal' enter the number of unfulfillable units to remove. This quantity cannot be greater than the total quantity available for removal.
7. Under 'Fulfillable Quantity' and 'Unfulfillable Quantity' review the total inventory. total inventory available for removal and total inventory not available for removal.
Note: Under Total inventory not available for removal click Legend to see the reason codes and a brief description of why inventory is not available for removal.
8. Check the product details to ensure the items listed are the ones you want to be removed. To change the items to be removed click 'Add' or 'Delete'.
9. Click 'Review'. Review the order ID method of removal ship-to address and the details of the selected items for removal.
10. Click 'Confirm' to complete the removal order. If you decide not to complete the removal order click 'Cancel order'.
A pop-up message that reads “Removal order has been placed” indicates your removal order submission has been successful.
Important: Removal order for disposal - items will not be returned as these will be disposed and any reimbursement will not be processed.
If you need further assistance just send an email to email@example.com or use our Live Chat.